Saturday, July 26, 2008

On the Road Again

For those of you who missed the memo, I'm moving to CHINA! My departure date is finally here, my bags are packed, my goodbyes have been said and I am out the door-literally. I just wanted to say thank you ALL for your all your hospitality, your support, and most importantly your love. It is SO encouraging knowing that I'm not doing this trip alone. A few pictures of Qingdao...









In other news, if any of you ever decide to move overseas, please call me and I will help you pack. I ASSUMED that I could get everything I need for two years in two giant Rubbermaid tubs. Little did I know that YES everything WOULD fit, but the weigh-in after packing was FIFTY POUNDS OVERWEIGHT. I decided to do this at midnight, the night before my flight (Thanks mom!). So, I had to find other containers to ship my life away in and just settle for paying the OUTRAGEOUS extra-baggage fees.




I just got word today that the Olympic torch has been passed through my city, Qingdao. Here is a pic. below (D.O. please tell me if I'm doing this right).
This is so exciting to me that I get to WATCH the Olympics first hand this go-around. Ok, check back for updates during my travels. I love you all VERY much and look forward to your comments of LOVE.
Here is a fun pic that myself, Kenner, and mom took after our gather. Talk to everyone soon!












































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

things are looking pretty good here... you let me know if you have questions about blog things. I'm sorry I never got to sit down with you and talk through some of this stuff... oh well, you did good without me.