Saturday, January 24, 2009

Tag, I'm IT!

I just realized Steph tagged me on her blog. Sorry I'm just now noticing, I just got in from a WONDERFUL snowboarding trip in Beijing! (pics to come) So, to continue the trend...

8 Shows I'm Watching this Spring

1. Grey's Anatomy Season 5 (only when youku.com allows me-which is almost NEVER)
2. I think I will start Arrested Development (I've heard its funny)
3. We have no regular TV programs here...

8 Things That Happened to me Today

1. Navigated successfully (in Chinese) my way to the Beijing United Family Hospital (where thankfully they speak English!!)
2. Bought some great clothes in the LiDo Market
3. ate French Toast at Peter's Tex Mex (a 'have-to' in Beijing)
4. Bought DR. PEPPER AND STRAWBERRY POPTARTS! (Beijing has imports! pricy, but WORTHY!!!)
5. went to IKEA and bought fabulous new curtains for our apartment!
6. Somehow managed to pack EVERYTHING I brought/bought (including snowboard apparel) to Beijing for our Snowboaring adventure into ONE PACK weighing in less than 15 KILOS! WOO HOO!
7. ate BURGER KING for Dinner in the BJ airport!! Mouth-watering people, seriously, YOU take it for GRANTED!!!
8. Called it a night with installing our new curtains in the apartment and checking Beijing off the "to-do travel list"

8 Things I Look Forward To:

1. Chun jie/Chinese New Year 2 week vacation
2. repainting the living room tomorrow!
3. NOLS Coming to CHINA and working alongside them in February!
4. School Spring Trips/Spring Break traveling etxtravaganza!! Where shall we go? India, Philippines, Europe?? The choices are endless
5. Backpacking in Mongolia for a month this summer
6. Also backpacking in Yunnan this summer!
7. Mom possibly coming to China in the summer!! (brings tears to my eyes and SO MUCH JOY TO MY HEART to even think about!)
8. Intensive language study this summer!

8 Things I Wish For: (I'm changing this to "8 Things I'm working towards to achieve" because I really think anyone can do ANYTHING they can put their mind too-oops, cheesy but TRUE!)...

1. My student loans could be paid for so that I would never have to be financially tied down again and I could have nothing binding me from where He moves me and where He will take me in this life!! (so FUN to think about, eh?!?!)
2. More hours in the day
3. A sea kayak
4. The endurance of Lance Armstrong while I'm training for the Great Wall Marathon
5. More lovers of the outdoors in QD (thankful for the few)
6. That I could teach snowboarding/outdoor education as a full time job
7. I could see my mommy and give her a giant hug. I want her to see my life here in China more than anything right now
8. To finish all my post-graduate work, obtain my PhD in Epidemiology, with NO STUDENT LOANS! (Barf!)


I TAG:
D.O., Karen

Ok, I miss you all!! Stay tuned for awesomeness regarding NOLS training/courses that are being offered here in China next month! Dreams come TRUE, people! And I promise, pics will come soon, especially as our remodeling projects progress...

No comments: